Table of contents:
Insectoacaricide of intestinal action, effective against various types of mites and other pests of flowers (flower beetles, thrips, all types of aphids) and garden plants (Colorado potato beetle, cabbage whiteworm, cabbage scoop, spider mite, codling moth). Active ingredient: aversectin C Aversectin C, at a concentration of 2 g / l.
Manufacturer: LLC NBTs "Farmbiomed". Available in 4 ml, 2 ml, 5 ml ampoules, and 20 ml vials. Hazard class - 3 (moderately dangerous).
Features of the drug
- The action of phytoverm is intestinal and contact: penetrating into the body of the pest through the outer cover when spraying or after eating the treated leaves, the substance acts on the nervous system of the insect, causing its paralysis and then death.
- Tested by the All-Russian Research Institute of Plant Protection. The effectiveness of phytoverm against ticks on apple and black currant has been proven, it was 96-100%;
- Fitoverm does not pollute the environment, rapidly degrading in water and soil;
- Effective even in hot weather;
- Exposure time - 6-8 hours after treatment in protected ground (and in a room), 8-16 hours in open ground;
- Protects plants indoors from 7-20 days after treatment, outdoors depends on the weather, according to the experience of gardeners from 5 to 15 days;
- Not phytotoxic. Cannot be mixed with other drugs!
Fitoverm is one of the most popular insectoacaricides for the treatment of indoor plants. Despite the good reviews from the manufacturer, in practice, the drug does not always live up to expectations. In particular, the effectiveness against the tick often leaves much to be desired - the pests quickly get used to it, and repeated attacks of ticks are frequent.
The effectiveness of the drug based on aversectin C (fitoverm) largely depends on the air temperature. With its decrease from 24 to 17 ° C, the toxicity of the drug for the common spider mite decreased by 7.6 times, and with an increase to 32 ° C it increased by 4.8 times. In the leaves of plants, aversectin C is not detected already 2-3 days after treatment, and in the fruits of vegetables on the second day. When applied to the soil, the substance does not enter the plant roots. Information from the book "Chemical protection of plants: means, technology and environmental safety", author Zinchenko V.А.
When phytoverm is used on fruit and berry crops in the garden, the waiting time from spraying for picking berries and fruits is 3 days. This is both good (other drugs are stored in fruits for an average of 20-30 days) and bad - the protective effect quickly ends and re-treatment is required. Therefore, in horticulture, it makes sense to spray with phytoverm during the most crucial periods, for example, immediately after flowering during the formation of ovaries (if the temperature contributes to a frantic rate of pest reproduction).
How to breed fitoverm
How to breed phytoverm for garden treatments: pour 1-2 liters of water into a bucket, open an ampoule or measure a certain amount of the drug with a dispenser and pour it into a bucket of water and mix thoroughly, then bring the working solution to the required volume of 10 liters and mix again. Consumption rates of 1.5 liters per bush of currants, gooseberries, 2-3 liters for cherries, plums, up to 5 liters for apples and pears.
How to breed fitoverm for treatments in an apartment: against spider mites: 2 ml per 0.5 liters of water; against aphids: 5 ml per 0.6 liters of water; against thrips: 5 ml per 0.5 liters of water. Repeat treatments twice (but no more) with an interval of 7-10 days. If the tick shows itself again, change the drug.
consumption rates for different crops are different, for flowers:
- on garden flowers from thrips 8 ml per 1 liter of water, spraying during the growing season and flowering
- on garden flowers from aphids 4 ml per 1 liter of water, spraying during the growing season and flowering
- on indoor flowers plants from thrips 2 ml per 200 ml of water, spraying when pests appear
- on indoor flowers from aphids 2 ml per 250 ml of water, spraying when pests appear
- on indoor flowers from mites 10 ml 1 l of water (dosages indicated in the instructions 2 ml / l are ineffective)
Spray for thrips and aphids up to four times, for ticks no more than 2 times, then change the drug.
For fruit trees and shrubs
- on apple, pear and currant against ticks, leaf rollers, moths 1.5 ml per 1 liter of water, spraying twice during the growing season
- on an apple tree, a pear from a moth and scoop 2 ml per 1 liter of water, spraying once during the growing season
- on currants from ticks 2 ml per 1 liter of water, spraying during the growing season
- on cucumbers, peppers and eggplants, tomatoes against ticks and thrips 10 ml per 1 liter of water, spraying twice during the growing season
- on cucumbers, peppers and eggplants from aphids 8 ml per 1 liter of water, spraying twice during the growing season
- on cabbage from cabbage and turnip whites, cabbage scoops, cabbage moth - 4 ml of phytoverm per 1 liter of water, spraying twice during the growing season
- on potatoes from the Colorado potato beetle 1 ml per 1 liter of water, spraying during the growing season up to 3 times
Fitoverm belongs to the class of avermectins. Despite the fact that hazard class 4 may be written on the packaging, this is not the case! Preparations based on aversectin C belong to the third hazard class for humans and the second and third hazard classes for bees! The information that it is not phytotoxic is correct. The half-life of aversectin C in water is 3 days, and in soil - 25-30 hours.
Security measures. To carry out processing using personal protective equipment. During work, you must not smoke, drink, eat. After work, wash your face and hands with soap, rinse your mouth. Store the drug in a cool dry room at temperatures from -15C to + 30C, separate from food products and drugs, out of the reach of children and pets! Storage of working solution is not allowed. When used in personal subsidiary plots, it is prohibited to mix with other drugs.
First aid in case of poisoning: if the drug gets on the skin, wash off with soap and water; in case of contact with eyes, rinse abundantly with running water; if it enters the digestive tract, drink 3-4 glasses of water, induce vomiting, take a few tablets of activated carbon, seek medical help.