Table of contents:
Insectoacaricide of intestinal action, effective against various types of ticks and other pests of flowers (flower beetles, thrips, all types of aphids, whiteflies, scale insects) and garden plants (Colorado potato beetle, cabbage beetle, cabbage scoop, spider mite, apple moth, leaf phylloxera, weevil, tea moth, mushroom mosquitoes, flies, etc.). Active ingredient: pirimifos-methyl, at a concentration of 500 g / l. Chemical Class: Organophosphorus Compounds (FOS)
Producer: "Syngenta Crop Protection AG" (Switzerland), Firm August (Russia). It is produced in the form of a 50% concentrate of pirimifos-methyl emulsion, in 2 ml ampoules, for garden purposes - in 5 liter canisters. Hazard class - 2 (hazardous substance). Actellik analogue: Kamikaze drug, EC
Features of the drug
- Pyrimiphos-methyl belongs to the organophosphate group of pesticides. This causes its intestinal and contact action: it consists in disrupting the work of the enzyme acetylcholinesterase and the complex biochemical cycle of acetylcholine metabolism. When it accumulates in the tissues of the nervous system, the functions of various organs are disrupted, which leads to poisoning of the entire organism of the pest;
- According to the method of penetration into the body, actellic (and other pesticides based on pirimiphos-methyl) belongs to the contact with a deep effect (translaminar action). The drug is able to penetrate into the leaf tissue and cause the death of mining pests;
- Actellic has a fumigating effect, which is enhanced in warm and humid conditions (at air temperatures above 15 ° C). But, if the air temperature is higher than 28 - 30 ° С, processing is not recommended;
- The fumigant action helps to control pests that feed on the underside of the leaf and do not give in to direct contact with the working solution when spraying;
- With the systematic use of pirifos-methyl against ticks and insects, which give many generations over the season, these pests quickly develop acquired group resistance;
- Actellic is compatible with other drugs if the reaction of the solution is neutral: in the presence of acids and alkalis, actellic undergoes hydrolysis (mixing with Bordeaux liquid and other alkaline drugs is inadmissible);
- The protective effect of actellik is 10-12 days indoors, 3-10 days outdoors;
- The drug is not phytotoxic.
Reviews on actellik have an unambiguous ochen - all growers and gardeners who have used the drug on their plants note high efficiency. Actellic really destroys pests, usually a single spraying is enough. Most buyers note the only drawback - the smell, sharp, chemical, when working in a confined space (room, balcony), headache and nausea may begin if not well ventilated.
But for the sake of objectivity, all the advantages and disadvantages of the actellik should be noted.
- helps immediately
- available for sale
- helps against all pests, even ticks
- easy to use
- destroys even domestic bugs and beetles in the garden (weevil)
- actellik works even at high temperatures (in hot summer weather)
- strong pungent smell, lasts 1-2 days in the apartment
- vapor toxicity
- danger to bees when working in the garden
- high price for garden preparations (in cans)
- in gardening, a fairly high consumption of the drug
- does not work as a preventive measure
- you need to wet the surface of the leaves very well on both sides
- suitable for tank mixes only with a neutral reaction (unstable in acidic and alkaline environments)
Actellic is one of the most powerful non-systemic insectoacaricides for the treatment of indoor and garden plants. Despite the good reviews of flower growers, and a powerful action (deep contact + fumigate), sometimes there are survivors among the pests. In this case, it is required to change the drug (alternate with synthetic pyrethroids: Iskra, Inta-Vir, Arrivo). In indoor floriculture, this is primarily due to high toxicity rather than insect and mite resistance.
How to dilute actellic for treatments in the garden: dilute the contents of a 2 ml ampoule in 2 liters of water. Consumption rates 1.5-2 liters per 10 sq. m of vegetation, 2-5 liters per tree. Maximum 2 treatments.
How to dilute actellic for processing home flowers: dissolve the contents of a 2 ml ampoule in 2 liters of water, with a large number of pests 2 ml per 1 liter of water. Preferably no more than 1 treatment, 2 treatments are acceptable.
How to dilute actellic for orchids: the contents of an ampoule are 2 ml per 2 liters of water. Try not to increase your concentration.
Excess dosages are permissible only if the usual consumption rate does not kill pests from the first treatment, and there is no replaceable drug with another active ingredient for re-spraying. Do not forget that actellic is an insectoacaricide of intestinal action, that is, the effectiveness depends on the thoroughness of the spraying, the penetration of the solution into hard-to-reach places, and not on the concentration of the drug.
Waiting time - time after processing before harvesting on average 20-30 days. The longer the period, the better! On vegetables and grapes can be sprayed no earlier than 30 days before harvesting, on fruit trees - 20 days, currants, gooseberries - 30 days, strawberries and raspberries, as well as peaches - 50 days before harvesting.
The information on the half-life of the active substance is very contradictory. According to some data, Actellic remains on the treated surfaces of residential or warehouse premises for 11-15 weeks. According to others - within 2 - 3 days after processing, due to rapid evaporation. In any case, after application in a residential area (apartment), it is worth rinsing the contacting surfaces (window sills, shelves, window panes) with soapy water. In soil, pirimiphos-methyl is inactive, the half-life is within four weeks.
Actellic is dangerous for fish, bees (hazard class 1), beneficial insects, low toxicity for warm-blooded animals and humans when taken orally.
When used in an apartment, actellic vapors most often caused headaches and nausea. Therefore, careful ventilation of the premises is required. The presence of animals and children in the room is strictly prohibited.
Security measures. Treat using personal protective equipment (respirator, gloves, goggles, protective clothing). Remember that microscopic particles of the drug will remain on clothes and remain for several days! During work, you must not smoke, drink, eat. After work, wash your face and hands with soap, rinse your mouth. Store the drug in a cool dry room at temperatures from -15C to + 30C, separate from food products and drugs, out of the reach of children and pets! Storage of working solution is not allowed. When used in personal subsidiary plots, it is prohibited to mix with other drugs.
First aid in case of poisoning: if the drug gets on the skin, wash off with soap and water; in case of contact with eyes, rinse abundantly with running water; if it enters the digestive tract, drink 3-4 glasses of water, induce vomiting, take a few tablets of activated carbon, seek medical help. Pirimiphos-methyl antidotes: atropine sulfate, cholinesterase reactivators.