Table of contents:
The contact acaricide, which has an ovicidal prolonged action, destroys the red (Panonychus ulmi) and spider mites (Tetranychus urticae and Tetranychus mcdanieli). Active ingredient: clofentezine clofentezine, at a concentration of 500 g / l. Manufacturer: Makhteshim Chemical Works Ltd, Israel. It is produced in the form of an emulsion concentrate, odorless, in 2 ml ampoules. Hazard class - 4 (slightly toxic substance).
Mechanism of action: clofentezine clofentezine belongs to the chemical class of tetrazines, inhibits the processes of tick metamorphosis. It is used against all types of mites, pests of indoor and garden plants.
Features of apollo acaricide
- hormonal acaricide;
- allows you to fight ticks in the development phase egg - larva - nymph;
- has an ovicidal effect - it destroys the larvae of spider mites of younger ages;
- does not kill adults, but sterilizes them. Adult ticks die naturally;
- does not show toxicity to beneficial insects and acariphages;
- does not show phytotoxic effects;
- can be mixed with other insecticides and fungicides that have a neutral aqueous solution.
- it is recommended to use Apollo after flowering, when the density of the tick population reaches or exceeds the threshold level;
- timely spraying protects plants from mite colonization for 60-90 days;
- Apollo provides the best results when spraying before the larvae emerge from eggs that have overwintered - for horticultural crops this is the phase from the swelling of the bud to the extension of the inflorescences;
- due to the long-term effect of apollo, it is enough to use 2 times during the spring-summer season, but if necessary, it can be alternated with other acaricides;
Dissolve 2 ml of apollo in 5 liters of warm water, the preparation has a bright pink color, it is clearly visible on the leaves. Apollo has a contact effect, is not absorbed through the leaf and, therefore, unsprayed mite eggs will not be affected, therefore, to achieve the maximum effect, thorough wetting and application of the solution to the most secluded places is of fundamental importance. When spraying - moisten both surfaces of leaves, petioles, nodes, especially if the leaf mouth covers the stem widely, the surface of the soil in pots. For the best effect, you can soak the entire aerial part of small plants in Apollo's solution. In pots with orchids, you need to spray the bark, it is better to water it by immersion for 2 minutes.
How to breed Apollo
To dilute a small amount of the drug, use a medical syringe - 0.4 ml per 1 liter of water. The remainder of the acaricide can be stored in the refrigerator separately from food (label it "poison") and used as needed.
Clofentezin is non-toxic to warm-blooded animals and bees, low-toxic to birds.
Security measures. When working with the drug, avoid contact with eyes and skin. It is unacceptable to eat, drink and smoke. Wash hands and face thoroughly after handling.
First aid in case of poisoning: if the drug gets on the skin, wash off with soap and water; in case of contact with eyes, rinse abundantly with running water; if it enters the digestive tract, drink 3-4 glasses of water, induce vomiting, take several tablets of activated carbon, seek medical help.