Table of contents:
Microbiological preparation effective against fungal and bacterial plant diseases. Active ingredient: Bacillus subtilis strain of IPM 215. Manufacturer: CJSC Firm "August" (Russia). Chemical class: bacterial fungicide. The impact speed is from the moment of treatment within a day
Produced in the form:
- wetting powder BA-10000 U / g, titer not less than 2 billion spores / g
- suspension concentrate BA-10000 EA / ml, titer 100 million cells / g
- for use at home or in the garden is available in packaging of 10 g, 40 g
Mechanism of action: contact, bacteria Bacillus subtilis of this strain of IPM 215 synthesize an antibiotic that suppresses the activity of pathogenic fungi.
Baktofit - instruction
Biofungicide is used to suppress and destroy plant pathogens:
- verticillary wilting (wilt)
- root rot
- powdery mildew
- peronosporosis (downy mildew)
- late blight
Bactofit is not recommended for use in tank mixes, it cannot be mixed with growth stimulants, fertilizers and other fungicides, including phytosporin.
You can harvest for food in 3 days after spraying with bactofit.
- soaking seeds, bulbs and tubers before planting (seeds for a day, bulbs and tubers for 10-30 minutes)
- soaking the root system during plant transplantation (dip, soak in solution for 2 minutes)
- spraying plants on the leaves (preferably wet on both sides of the leaf)
- watering the soil under the bushes during the growing season (diluting the working solution at the usual irrigation rate)
- combined use with herbicides (reduces the content of toxicogenic soil fungi)
Bactophyte consumption rates
- for soaking seeds from mold and other infections 1 ml of suspension or 1 g of powder or 500 ml of water
- soaking cuttings of garden flowers (carnations, roses) for 15 minutes before planting: 1 g per 1 liter of water
- from powdery mildew 10 ml per 10 liters of water for spraying on a leaf
- from powdery mildew, downy mildew, septoria: 20 ml per 10 liters of water for watering bushes
- from oidium grapes: 30 ml of suspension per 10 liters of water - spraying
- from fusarium, leaf rust, late blight: 20 ml per 10 liters of water for spraying
- from fusarium, leaf rust, late blight: 30 ml per 10 liters of water for irrigation
- against fungal spots on indoor and garden flowers: 1 ml per 1 liter of water for spraying
- from root rot on indoor and garden flowers: 3 ml per 1 liter of water for irrigation
Repeated treatments are required every 7 days, only three times, then the drug must be changed if the disease is not cured or further prevention is required, although manufacturers recommend up to 7-8 treatments, since the drug does not cause resistance.
It should be noted right away that the biofungicide baktofit does not give a guaranteed cure for diseases. The strains of this bacterium are somewhat weaker than the phytosporin strains, but the effectiveness of testing the drug is on average 65-70%, if the plant is already sick. This is a very good result, especially in cases where it is not possible to use heavy artillery in the form of chemical fungicides (topaz, khom, copper sulfate, cuprolux, vectra, etc.), but it is still worth considering this drug as a prophylactic agent. Its effect is more pronounced on alkaline soils (pH more than 7). The main advantage of the drug is that it does not cause resistance in pathogenic microorganisms and does not pollute the environment.
The manufacturer claims to increase the yield by 10-15%, in fact, if the plants are healthy, and bactophyte is used prophylactically, it is not known about any increase in yield - too many factors affect the result (top dressing, weather, watering, weeding). But if the disease has begun, and the entire crop is threatened, then the use of bactophyte can slow down the action of the pathogen, which means it can save berries, fruits and vegetables for you and me.
The protective effect of bactophyte against infection with gray mold was noted, especially during periods of unfavorable weather (rain, coolness).
Of the minuses - the drug is not effective in dry hot weather, for a greater effect it is better to use it when the temperature is about 18-20, humidity is 60-70%.
Another drawback is that the bacteria Bacillus subtilis strain IPM 215 is toxic to aphidophages; it kills Gallica aphidimiza and Lysiflebus, natural aphid exterminators. Moreover, toxicity manifests itself not only from spraying, but also from watering (it enters the body of pests through gnawed leaves - aphids).
Recommendation from iplants.ru: if you sprayed fruit shrubs, flowers or vegetables for diseases, but dry hot weather set in in the coming days, repeat the treatment with bactophyte, but not after 7 days, but after 2-3 days, carry out the procedure in the evening, when the sun has already left the site
Bactofit has a hazard class 4 for humans (it can cause slight irritation of the mucous membrane when in contact with a preparation or solution) and a hazard class 3 for bees (border protection zone for bees 5-6 km). Not phytotoxic. The drug is approved for use in the fishery zone.
Use gloves to process, avoid smoking, drinking, eating during work. In case of contact with the skin or mucous membranes, wash off with water, if it enters the digestive tract, drink 3-4 glasses of water, induce vomiting, take several tablets of activated carbon.
Store the drug in a dry room, optimally from -5 to + 30 ° C, separate from food and medicine, out of the reach of children and pets. Shelf life is 6 months. Storage of the working solution for a maximum of 3-4 hours.